Updated: May 21, 2020
We are pleased to announce that Surf & Sand Resort is open and has earned The California Hotel and Lodging Association Clean + Safe Certification, a safety seal of approval provided to hotels that complete a rigorous checklist of protocols for guests, employees and cleaning procedures. The certification provides strict safety guidelines for hotels. Below you will find more details about our safety and wellbeing measures in place.
What you can expect during your stay:
- Food & beverage services are available for in-room/private balcony dining and packaged to-go dining, which can be enjoyed poolside. Dining options reflect the menu from Splashes restaurant.
- Our pool, which overlooks the beach, is open to enjoy with social distancing guidelines to be observed by guests.
- Beach access may vary as it is subject to current government guidelines. Please check with your concierge for the latest information or visit www.lagunabeachcity.net.
- All other facilities are temporarily closed until government and health guidelines permit.
- Additional details on available services and operational schedules can be found here.
We will continue to open more facilities as the guidelines set forth by the government and health officials allow.
We can’t wait to welcome you back for your next stay.
For future reservations please call us at (855) 297-8129
For weddings and group reservations please contact (844) 489-3650
Surfweddings@jcresorts.com or Surfsales@jcresorts.com
YOUR SAFETY AND WELLBEING IS OUR PRIORITY
We have always taken great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. We’ve supplemented those practices with a comprehensive system of enhanced health and safety protocols based on the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, the California Department of Public Health and the California Hotel & Lodging Association. We have implemented a rigorous ongoing training program to ensure a clean, safe, and healthy environment throughout our resort for our valued guests and employees. As government and health officials release new guidelines on hygienic and social distancing practices, we will adapt our own protocols with an abundance of caution for the safety of both our guests and our employees. The following outlines the precautionary measures currently in effect at the resort to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures, which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout the Resort
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms, and back-of-house.
- All high-contact areas are cleaned with increased frequency. This includes surfaces such as counters, doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs, and tableware.
- Water temperatures are routinely monitored throughout the day to ensure the highest level of sanitization.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are easily accessible by guests and employees and touch-less dispensers have been installed wherever possible throughout the resort.
- New signage has been posted to remind employees and guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Signs have been added to remind guests of proper social distancing, to wear face masks throughout the resort, and to comply with guidelines for small group gatherings or events.
- All seating has been adjusted to reflect social distancing guidelines set forth by the California Department of Public Health.
- Activity schedules have been staggered and travel paths in certain areas of the resort are unidirectional to aid in the free movement of guests and employees while ensuring proper social distancing. You can view and download the resort map here.
- The pool is monitored, tested, and cleaned daily by our certified pool technicians.
- All poolside loungers and pool furniture are sanitized before and after each use and pool areas such as the towel desk and the beach, concierge counter are sanitized hourly.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- We’ve transitioned to a key-less guest room entry system to reduce person-to-person contact. Traditional room keys are available and sanitized with ultraviolet light for those who would prefer to use them.
- Pre-registration is available and encouraged for guests as a contactless option for check-in and check-out.
- Scheduled check-in times with a private meet-and-greet are available to minimize interactions with other guests.
- Virtual check-out is available via our TV system or by phone.
- Our valet employees wear gloves and masks and use disposable seat covers to protect your vehicle. All areas of contact with the vehicle are disinfected and keys are sanitized with UV light.
- Food & beverage services are available for in-room/private balcony dining and packaged to-go dining, which can be enjoyed poolside. Dining options reflect the menu from Splashes restaurant. All orders include single-service condiments and utensils. All menus are single-use or digital versions can be found on the in-room TV system.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and include proper separation of personal workspaces for cooks and food handlers. Gloves are worn at all times while preparing food.
- Contactless room service delivery is available with all items placed in the hallway for the guests. Our employees will pick up items from the hallway when guests are finished.
- Room service trays and commonly used items are sanitized after each use.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention is given to high-contact surfaces such as counters, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilets, and shower handles, refrigerators and mini-bars.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows, blankets, towels, and room amenities are available by request. Reusable materials such as pens, writing pads, and menus have been removed from rooms. Linens are taken from rooms in single-use bags after guest check-out or upon request.
- Room assignments are spaced to minimize guest-to-guest and guest-to-employee interaction.
- Consistency and thoroughness of safety and cleaning protocols are reinforced through ongoing training and internal communications to employees. Detailed documented standards are in place for each department and audits are constantly performed to ensure compliance.
- All employees practice thorough cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout their shift with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- We provide all employees with a flexible “stay home/stay healthy” schedule, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- We’ve staggered employee schedules and offer separate designated work and break areas for each employee to allow for optimum safety.
- All employees are required to practice proper handwashing before delivering any food or item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the front- and back-of-house.
- We have a clear line of the protocol in order to assist guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves a high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- At this time, we are unable to allow pets on site, but we look forward to welcoming them in the future when it is safe to do so. Only service dogs will be allowed on site until further notice.
Small Groups & Events
- Dining for small private parties is available in accordance with the official state and health guidelines. We offer pre-planned menus with individually portioned boxed items. Buffet dining or live cooking stations are currently unavailable.
- We will work with each private party to identify any additional personalized requirements needed to safely meet the needs of our guests.